Happy May! This month, we celebrate moms and all that they do for us.
Pregnancy is one of the most incredible things a woman can do, and is one of the most exciting times in their life! You want to make sure that you’re taking the most optimal care of both yourself and your baby in this time – but how do you do this?
Did you know that one of the safest and powerful ways of optimizing your prenatal health is through chiropractic care?
The American Pregnancy Association actually recommends prenatal chiropractic care for expecting mothers!
The Most Important Reasons You Should See A Chiropractor When You’re Expecting:
1. Having an optimally functioning nervous system leads to having an optimal birth. When your spine is aligned, it allows your nervous system to function as it should. As you go through pregnancy, keeping up with chiropractic care will allow your body to adjust to the changes of pregnancy much more smoothly.
2. Many expecting mothers experience back pain, joint pain, and discomfort throughout pregnancy due to the growing baby/weight changes. Lower back pain is the most common complaint during pregnancy and in one study, 84% of women who received care through pregnancy reported relief from back pain.
3. Pelvic alignment: Misalignments in the pelvis can cause postural imbalances, and can also limit the potential space for the developing baby.
4. Did you know chiropractic care through pregnancy has been shown to decrease labor times? In the same study, women who had received chiropractic care through their first pregnancy had 24% shorter labor times than the other group who did not receive care.
Regular chiropractic care can make pregnancy a more enjoyable experience! It has several advantages that are only added to during pregnancy since the body undergoes such incredible physical and endocrinological changes during those months.
Here are a few more added benefits!
– Helps relieve nausea
– Helps reduce the risk of needing a cesarean section
– Reduce the need for pain medication during term/delivery
– Faster recovery time post-pregnancy
If you’re pregnant, or know someone who is, give our office a call to schedule an appointment so we can help them have the most optimal pregnancy 🙂